I can't believe there are only two more challenges to go! This has gone really fast.
Here's my LO for Challenge 9:
I have to admit I really struggled with this challenge. I am not sure why, I just couldn't find what I wanted to do and I am not happy with the outcome, but in the end I was getting so frustrated I just decided to let it be and be done.
The requirements for this challenge are fairly simple. Follow the guidelines being as creative as possible using the recipe below. You can incorporate other items into your layout, but you must use at least 6 of the items listed. Since this is the month of Valentine's Day, your special challenge is to incorporate CHOCOLATE into your layout. So, 6 items in the recipe and chocolate!
Well, didn't this challenge stir up some controversy? I have to say, I freaked out when I first read it and, to be perfectly honest, I really struggled to create my two Artist Trading Cards.
Here's our preview:
And here are my cards -
For both of my cards I used my Be Mine, Valentine and add-on, which will be available soon ;) I found I enjoyed creating Jane's card more than the first one and I really like how it has turned out. I hope she does too :)
I'll let Jane post her cards and tell you about them if she wants to. so, until Challenge 5, bye!
The 3rd challenge is up in Scrappers Online forum!
As a little check off list.. required parts are:
1. One focal photo with selective coloring
2. 20 or more words of journaling with possible highlights
3. At least one date element!
Deadline for the challenge: 2/21/10 Midnight EST.
I really struggled with what to do for this one. The whole having to have the number 5 in a photo really threw me. The idea I eventually went with came about because I thought I would take a photo of the DVD cover of one of our favourite TV shows - season 5, but when I got it out it was spelled out instead of the number so I decided to search for something else to fit my idea and came up with playing cards. I was sooo relieved.
Theme: 5 things I LOVE about....(choose a person, topic, idea, etc. Be Creative!)
Title: use a combination of 5 fonts and/or alphas (example: use 2 different fonts and 3 different alphas)
Photos: use 5 photos, one of the photos must have the number 5 in it!
Use 5 different elements of the same type (example: use 5 different flowers or 5 different buttons, etc.)
Season to taste: add ingredients from your digital pantry to make this layout your own!
All Racers who complete this challenge will receive a choice of any one issue of the Artisan Notebook, any one Guild Encore kit as well as a set of Ready Made Pages (tm) created by Dee Bee Designs using the February Guild kit, "Games People Play."
We cant wait to see what everyone else comes up with!
first challenge is up!
Here are the rules for this challenge:
1) Your layout is about your partner. Introduce your partner to us. How you do this is entirely up to you. You can interview them, you can send them a questionnaire, you can use 5 words that best describe them, you can journal how you met for this race, or if you've been partners for years, you can make your page about a friendship that started with a crazy internet race and has since turned into so much more. The only rule is, the layout is about your partner and you need to tell us something about them.
2) You must include at least one photo of your partner. Large, small, color, b&w, of their face, back of their head, feet, whatever. But it must be a picture of your partner.
3) You must choose one layout from your partner's gallery and scraplift that as the page design for your layout. Only the placement of items is needed. You don't have to lift the colors, theme, etc. Just the overall placement of papers, elements, title and journaling.
Becky has so many beautiful LO's in her Gallery it was hard to pick 1.. but i finally choose her LO called messy misses to scraplift.
Jane and I are excited and ready to go for ADSR # 5. We've not heard of it before, but with so many people we know joining up we simply couldn't pass it up! It's going to be a blast :)
You can find more about the race on the ADSR blog and don't forget to check back to see what we're upto!